Saturday, September 19, 2009

STATIC SALON....WHAT A SIGHT!!!

The other morning I drove my usual way to the salon, got stuck in the usual traffic at the usual spots on the freeway and then turned off Melrose onto Gardner as I usually do, but when I pulled to the usually broken meter in front of the salon, I didn't have a usual feeling! The sun was shining and the birds were chirping as I got out of my car I looked at the salon and felt so grateful and so proud. Static is a beautiful, fun, quaint, sassy, exciting and life changing place. I am so proud to be a part of this salon!

So, I decided to do the unusual thing...me and the salon, well we had a photo shoot. In all her glory, here she is.
This is the salon window seat, where else can you lean back, cozy up with the pillows and sip on your wine or coffee and chat with other clients and stylists all the while taking in the sun and waiting for your color to process??? I love this seat, many good stories are shared right here on this seat!
The Color bar, where we mix you up some sweet Paul Mitchell cocktails for your locks!

The Wash House where we indulge your senses with a relaxing experience that melts your cares away!

The Front desk (which we tiled ourselves) where you will always be greeted with a smile and probably a hug too!

The Steamers to speed your processing time up although we know you like to stay and play for hours on end, we also know that you have to work and pick up kids and do all the other things that life has to offer...
The front entry with our fun bench from the show Monster Garage (thanks Larry for this find), this also happens to be the photo shoot wall, many a photographer has walked by and asked to use this wall as a backdrop for their master piece.

The Iggy Pop shrine! How can you walk into the salon and see Iggy and not smile...

Some of the stations where the Static Stylists perform their magic and change peoples lives!!! This is where self esteem is created!!


For all those of you who have been to Static Salon before, you know what I mean when I said earlier that Static was an amazing place to be and for those of you that have now been on my salon photo shoot adventure, you are starting to see what a magical place Static Salon truly is!

WE LOVE YOU STATIC SALON AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR! IT IS A PLEASURE TO STEP INSIDE YOUR WORLD EVERYDAY AND HAVE NEW ADVENTURES WITH YOU EVERYDAY!!!